Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to start. Completing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Naples.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when run correctly but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are running properly, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.