Preventing it from happening is the most essential place to begin. Doing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Naples.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when operated right but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are running properly, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.