When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it could still be hiding toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have healthy drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first opt for going the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets pricey soon. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also provide healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to make the most of the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you choose and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that regulated water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, furnishing you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main soon after severe storms. While typically harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate harmful chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration equipment. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that clean water doesn’t have to bring steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to scale back water hardness, clear out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help picking out a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.