Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to consider, in addition to the perks of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and enhances comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. An updated air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the right advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you replace both components at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can skip the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your residence cozier and lowering your monthly utility costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you could even be authorized for a special deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 239-908-6991 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.