Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Naples, you might be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several factors to consider, in addition to the perks of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and increases comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the right suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you replace both components at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any big imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can skip the band-aid patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your residence comfier and lowering your ongoing utility costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at once. And you could even be authorized for a discount as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 239-908-6991 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.