When bad weather comes around, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a big impact. Staying safe and protecting your home are your highest priorities, but did you know there are opportunities for you to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm is over, your AC repair technician will give you the thumbs up?
Taking even a small bit of time to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm hits can help you protect from damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you arrange for an AC repair expert to check your system post-storm, they can probably provide you with good news that your prep were worth the time.
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we know that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for severe weather, and time might not give you much warning, so we’ve put together a few tips of what you can do before and after a severe weather event occurs.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are common during severe weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to make sure it is totally off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover may keep away any debris that gets strewn about during severe weather. Just be sure you have turned the system fully off prior to covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Ensure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are kept in a safe place so that they don’t get thrown around during the bad weather.
- Clear the debris. Once it is safe to return outside, make sure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you locate any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly check out your system and decide whether or not an AC repair is necessary.
Of course we all hope that threatening weather doesn’t hit us in Naples, but we have to be ready if we want the best chance to avoid any major damage or other problems that can come with it. If you have any questions about how to best get ready for severe weather in Naples or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has gone through, give us a call at 239-908-6991 or schedule an appointment with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.