Summer is typically a busy time of year for many folks in Naples. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Naples heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Naples heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Naples heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Naples temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than usual. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.