It’s frosty outside. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing weather. And while the Experts are always eager to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water faucets.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.