Scheduling regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your air conditioning unit in working at its best performance while keeping electricity usage low. It also could even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are several jobs you can finish by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at , for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can do by yourself as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that entails a big amount of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temperatures near, it’s also a great idea to add AC upkeep on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect season to get your AC equipment scrubbed and inspected. Hesitating to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be risky. If you have to schedule service or a new unit, you could be waiting days for an appointment. And that could get very unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling maintenance might be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your cooling system in the ultimate condition:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and might decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly important if you deal with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn upkeep by the outside condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have dropped into your equipment, because this might block airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with at , the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially skip malfunctions.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to get rid of any buildup from dirt and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to double check your equipment is turning on, cooling and shutting down correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need further action, we are set to provide you the most cost-effective option. Finding possible issues in a timely manner might solve more substantial problems in the future. This also provides you time to strategize if your unit is getting older.
When you need a new AC system, our Experts will partner with you to locate the ideal model for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to request your checkup? Give us a call at or schedule an appointment online right away.