Scheduling regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your air conditioning equipment in Naples working at its top performance while keeping electricity usage low. It also may even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple jobs you can complete alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and service.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that involves a large portion of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temperatures approaching, it’s also a great idea to add AC maintenance on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your AC unit scrubbed and inspected. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be risky. If you have to schedule a fix or installation, you could be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that could get very unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a clean cooling system will help provide the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling maintenance might be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your cooling system in the ultimate condition:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and can decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very important if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn maintenance by the outside condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have collected inside your equipment, because this can block airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 239-908-6991, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the finer details. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working like they should and potentially stay clear of malfunctions.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to eliminate any buildup from dirt and grass.
- Checking controls to double check your unit is turning on, operating and shutting down correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that involve further action, we are ready to provide you the most economical option. Finding possible troubles promptly might solve more substantial problems in the future. This also provides you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you need a new AC system, our Experts will work with you to choose the ideal model for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment more affordable. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to book your tune-up? Give us a call at 239-908-6991 or schedule an appointment online right away.