Spring is great for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your power bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Naples and keeping costs down.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility expenses down.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to update it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a definite advantage for keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to efficiently work your thermostat is the best way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other methods to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and change the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the correct fit for your space. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.