Spring is great for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for fresh air and your power bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heat or air.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Naples and keeping bills down.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility charges low.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated AC systems is a definite advantage for keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to efficiently work your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can do a couple other approaches to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Look Into Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and change the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 239-908-6991 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct fit for your space. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.